Re: SVG12: getRGBColorTrait vs non-SVGRGBColor

From: Andrew Shellshear <Andrew.Shellshear@cisra.canon.com.au>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:33:30 +1000
To: www-svg@w3.org
CC: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>, cam@mcc.id.au

Bjoern wrote:
>* Andrew Shellshear wrote:
>>Section 11.14 now says:
>>
>>Apart from System Paint, paint servers are referenced using an Local IRI
>>reference on a 'fill' or 'stroke' property.
>
>The concerns raised were relative to the uDOM appendix, not 11.14. I'm
>not sure this addresses Chris' or Cameron's concerns. As for my comment,
>I will look at this once the long overdue draft has been published.

Well, let's take a look at Chris and Cameron's concerns:

Cameron said:
>System colours don't seem to be paint servers, as defined in
>http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/painting.html#PaintServers.  Perhaps:
>
>  actual trait value is not an SVGRGBColor, i.e. 'none', a system color
>  or a paint server (e.g. a gradient or solid color), this method must...

(Cameron - thanks, this was an excellent comment, by the way.  We *love* it
when people give suggested text!)

Chris replied:
>They are - and in fact we changed the name 'system color' to 'system paint' to reflect this.

and then

Cameron exposited:
>Ok, but in 11.14 it says
>
>  Paint servers are referenced using an IRI reference on a 'fill' or
>  'stroke' property.
>
>which isn't true for system paints.

and suddenly things seemed to be coming to a satisfactory, harmonious conclusion...

Chris agreed:
>Yes, we should change that sentence to clarify that its not the case for system paints.

...and I therefore fixed 11.14.  Is there something I've missed?

Andrew.