Re: SVG12: SVGGlobal::document vs AbstractView

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 17:51:07 +0200
To: <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>
Cc: <www-svg@w3.org>

* Doug Schepers wrote:
>| In http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2005Oct/0153.html
>| the SVG Working Group told me that the proposed design does indeed
>| introduce the kind of incompatibility I am concerned about,
>
>Can you explain which incompatibily that is?

If the SVG Working Group could elaborate on what is unclear about the
SVG Working Group's compatibility concerns, I could try to explain the
SVG Working Group's compatibility concerns to the SVG Working Group in
more detail.

>Can you state explicitly why you think it should be required?

To ensure that the proposed SVGGlobal interface is not incompatible
with a future 'Global' interace. If this 'Global' interface provides
a 'document' member in the same way as http://www.w3.org/TR/Window/
proposes, they would not be compatible according to the SVG Working
Group. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2005Oct/0153.html
discusses this problem in detail.