Re: SVGT 1.2: "evt" vs "event" as the implicit event argument to event handlers

On Monday, April 24, 2006, 10:12:02 PM, Maciej wrote:

MS> On Apr 24, 2006, at 1:04 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

>>> When you say "changing", which is the published specification that
>>> would
>>> change? I ask because as far as we can tell there isn't one. But
>>> yes if
>>> this were to change W3C-wide it would be WebAPI that would likely own
>>> that spec.

>> Right now it is unspecified but there is a common de facto
>> practice. If someone were to standardize how HTML event listener
>> attributes work, ideally it would be a group working on an HTML
>> standard. Web API

MS> Meant to say: "Web API is probably not the best forum for redefining
MS> what HTML means, but may be an acceptable last resort."

Thanks for completing the thought .... I suggested WebAPI because its better to have a W3C-wide mechanism for event handlers; that helps with CDI and it also helps vertical-market special purpose vocabularies that might be combined with W3C ones in a CDI framework context.

Mind you, I thought that we already had a W3C-wide standard for programatic event handlers.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG