Re: [svg11] svg out-of-context rendering

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 11:27:52 +0100
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
To: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>

On Oct 31, 2005, at 10:10, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> Quoting Jon Ferraiolo <jonf@adobe.com>:
>> I suggest that SVG UAs *SHOULD* (MUST?) generate an error message
>> when
>> encountering content which does not have a root 'svg' element
>> surrounding the content.
>
> And what to do for UAs who are build upon namespace dispatching?
> (And have
> bindings for elements in a particular namespace which then results in
> rendering.)

If you use namespace dispatching the rect element goes to the SVG
implementation. Since it is not a conforming SVG fragment it is not
rendered. This is already specified in the existing conformance and
implementation requirement sections, and SVG Tiny 1.2 clarifies it
even further.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist