Re: SVG12: getCurrentFocusedObject return type

From: Andrew Shellshear <Andrew.Shellshear@cisra.canon.com.au>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:58:39 +1000
To: derhoermi@gmx.net, www-svg@w3.org
CC: SVG WG <w3c-svg-wg@w3.org>

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 04:23:03 +0200, Bjoern wrote:
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/svgudom.html states
> that getCurrentFocusedObject() returns a DOMObject; this does not make
> much sense to me, from the draft it seems that only event targets can
> be currently focused objects, i.e. SVGDocument, SVGElementInstance,
> and SVGElement objects, all of which implement EventTarget, so this
> should really return an events::EventTarget object. If there are cases
> where objects can have focus that are not event targets, please point
> this out clearly in the draft. If there are not, please change the
> return type to events::EventTarget.

We have added the following explanitary text to the description of getCurrentFocusedObject in
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/svgudom.html#svg::SVGSVGElement -

Returns a reference to the object which has the focus.  This returns a
DOMObject because the currently focused object may be an object outside
the SVG namespace.  If the currently focused object is in the SVG
namespace, it should be cast to events::EventTarget.

Please let us know within two weeks if this does not satisfy your comment.