Re: SVG12: DOMObject portability

From: Andrew Shellshear <Andrew.Shellshear@cisra.canon.com.au>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:56:07 +1000
To: www-svg@w3.org
CC: SVG WG <w3c-svg-wg@w3.org>

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 04:22:58 +0200, Bjoern wrote:

>   http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/svgudom.html states
> that getCurrentFocusedObject() returns a DOMObject; this is pretty use-
> less as in order to use it, there would need to be binding-specific
> methods to determine the type of the object; pretty much no other DOM
> methods make assumptions about languages providing this ability, please
> make this method more language neutral.

We have added the following explanitary text to the description of getCurrentFocusedObject in
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/svgudom.html#svg::SVGSVGElement -

Returns a reference to the object which has the focus.  This returns a
DOMObject because the currently focused object may be an object outside
the SVG namespace.  If the currently focused object is in the SVG
namespace, it should be cast to events::EventTarget.

Please let us know within two weeks if this does not satisfy your comment.