Re: SVG12: RFC 3066 reference

At 22:06 05/10/19, Chris Lilley wrote:

 >On Monday, April 25, 2005, 12:47:44 AM, Bjoern wrote:

 >BH> No it does not, XML 1.0 Third Edition clearly refers to RFC 3066 or its
 >BH> successor.
 >
 >Yes, it does. Sorry, we misunderstood you to be saying "remove the ref
 >to 3066 and replace it with a ref to an ID" which we were, naturally,
 >unwilling to do.
 >
 >Now that we understand what you are actually asking, we are happy to
 >agree and have updated the references to say 3066 "or its successor on
 >the IETF Standards Track".
 >
 >Please let us know if this is not satisfactory, within two weeks.

Hello Chris,

This is close to satisfactory, but not exactly. RFC 3066 is a BCP,
and its successor is also going to be a BCP, so neither of them
are on the IETF Standards Track (which goes Proposed -> Draft -> Standard).
Your wording is therefore too precise, and you should change it to
the wording in the XML Spec (or something equivalent if you really need to).

Regards,   Martin.