Re: [SVGMobile12] Normative statements in mostly non-normative sections

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 18:20:18 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hello www-svg,

> It would be helpful if the three normative criteria in sections 1 and 2,
> namely those in:
>
>    1.2.3 Profiling the SVG specification
>    1.3 Defining an SVG Tiny 1.2 document
>    2.3 Options for using SVG in Web pages
>
> ...were moved to clearly normative sections.

Rather than move them, we labelled them. We have now clarified the
specification as follows:

- all examples are non-normative
- all chapters are normative except for where a specific chapter or
  section is noted as "this chapter/section is informative"
- appendices state at the start whether they are normative or
informative.

Please let us know shortly if this does not satisfy your comment.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG