RE: 'prev' Keyword And Id Restrictions

From: Doug Schepers <doug@schepers.cc>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 23:02:27 -0500
To: "'Antoine Quint'" <ml@graougraou.com>, "'Robin Berjon'" <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Cc: <www-svg@w3.org>

Hey-

Okay, all very enlightening.

| >> Should my implementation (and others) ignore it, and adhere to the
| >> Specs? Or should we support it, and support the existing content?
| >
| > I would recommend not supporting it, and seeing if your users
| > complain.
|
| As far as I know, "prev" is not in any recommendation, so it
| should be safely ignored.

I guess I'll remove support for 'prev'. Anyway, it's just about as easy to
say:
 <animate id="myAnim1" .../>
 <animate begin="myAnim1.end" .../>
As:
 <animate .../>
 <animate begin="prev.end" .../>

I was a little concerned about how I was going to deal with DOM reordering
issues anyway. Ids don't have that problem... ;)

Thanks, guys.

Regards-
Doug

doug.schepers@vectoreal.com