Re: 'prev' Keyword And Id Restrictions

From: Antoine Quint <ml@graougraou.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 19:34:03 -0800
Cc: Doug Schepers <doug@schepers.cc>, <www-svg@w3.org>
To: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Hi guys,

On 7 nov. 2005, at 00:56, Robin Berjon wrote:

> On Nov 07, 2005, at 09:42, Doug Schepers wrote:
>> Ok, I suspected that might be the case. So, what should I do?
>> There's lots
>> of content out there that uses it, since it was part of the
>> original Adobe
>> tutorials back in the early days, and has been on various sites.
>
> It's the first time I see it in years of using SVG, is there really
> "lots" of content out there using it?

I've used it in the past, it got ditched from SMIL 2.0 before it went
to recommendation, which is quite a while after Adobe started
shipping their SVG Viewer which implemented it.

>> Should my implementation (and others) ignore it, and adhere to the
>> Specs? Or
>> should we support it, and support the existing content?
>
> I would recommend not supporting it, and seeing if your users
> complain.

As far as I know, "prev" is not in any recommendation, so it should
be safely ignored.

Antoine
--
Antoine Quint  Fuchsia Design