Re: SVG12: <handler>, etc. vs <handler>, etc.

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 15:18:38 +0100
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

On Sunday, April 24, 2005, 6:27:45 PM, Bjoern wrote:

BH> Dear Scalable Vector Graphics Working Group,

BH>   From http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/script.html I
BH> am concerned that the new SVG-specific features conflict with work the
BH> HTML Working Group is chartered to develop as noted in XML Events,
BH> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-xml-events-20031014 section 3.5. It would
BH> be most unfortunate if these mechanisms turn out to be different or even
BH> incompatible such that e.g. a compound XHTML2+SVG document depends on
BH> different scripting idioms.

Yes, it would. You don't indicate specific areas of incompatibility so
we can only respond in general terms.

BH>  Please explicitly request that the HTML
BH> and CDF Working Group review this section. An official comment from both
BH> Working Groups that the proposed features are consistent with work in
BH> progress by the HTML Working Group would probably be satisfactory.

We have asked the HTML WG to update XML Events to account for namespaced
events; they have replied that they can start to do so once DOM 3 Events
is in CR.

The CDF WG is aware of the work in the SVG and HTML WGs, and tracks them
closely, including shared WG membership and active participation in the
Hypertext CG.

While understanding your concern in general terms, we are not aware of a
specific incompatibility. if you have noted one, please tell us about
it. Failing which, we assume that this satisfies your comment.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG