Re: [SVGMobile12] <handler> element is necessary?

From: Dean Jackson <dino@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 01:12:07 +1100
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
To: KONO Masahiko <kono.masahiko@canon.co.jp>

Hello Kono-san,

On 19/05/2005, at 7:17 PM, KONO Masahiko wrote:

> 15.4 The handler element
>
> <handler> element is different from <script> element in evaluation
> timing.  I think this difference is small.  Is <script> element which
> is added new attribute evaluate='load'|'called', and so on sufficient?

Unfortunately not. The <handler> element defines a single function to be
used as an event handler, while <script> has a different semantic
meaning
(it's for defining all sorts of code). We think the difference is enough
to justify a different element.

> And <handler> element has ev:event attribute.  Is <script> element and
> <ev:listener> element sufficient?

This functionality is provided with XML Events.

Please respond within two weeks if you are not satisfied.

Dean