Re: [SVGMobile12] Comments: Paths

From: Nandini Ramani <Nandini.Ramani@Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 02:01:15 -0800
To: tor@cs.brown.edu
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

Hi Tim,
     I sent you the email below on 08/28/05.  Please respond within 2
weeks if you are not satified with the response below.

Best Regards
-Nandini Ramani

> I'm mainly objecting to the wording "author's computation of the total
> path length of the path", and feel it should be changed to reflect
> that the value can be anything the author/tool desires.   For example,
> for the purposes of authoring I might want to say that the path length
> is one even though the true computed length is much different.
The wording "author's computation" does imply that it can be anything
the author desires, but perhaps
you would like to suggest an alternate wording for the definition of
pathLength, basically a replacement for the line below:
"The author's computation of the total length of the path, in user