Re: [SVGT 1.2] Question on sizing of the outermost <svg>

L. David Baron wrote:
> On Tuesday 2005-11-01 16:57 -0600, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>>   <svg:svg style="height: 100px" width="50" height="50"/>
>
> Unless the markup you've written is shorthand for having the width and
> height attributes inside the SVG and the style attribute on the element
> that includes it, I don't think the analogy to HTML images holds.

The problem is that HTML images have a way of specifying intrinsic width outside
of the markup (it's in the image data).  For SVG, it seems that the way you
specify intrinsic width is via the width/height attributes on the <svg> element.

I think we agree that for SVG included via say <xhtml:object> the width/height
attributes give the intrinsic size...  It would make a lot of sense to me as an
author if I could get a similar behavior when including SVG inline, somehow.  At
the moment, I don't see how -- if we make width/height affect the computed style
as presentational attributes in this case, there is no way to set the intrinsic
size.

-Boris