Re: SVG12: when vs why discard

Hi Bjoern,

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

>Dear Scalable Vector Graphics Working Group,
>
>  In http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/struct.html for
>the definition of the 'discard' element,
>
>[...]
>  The 'discard' element itself can be discarded. It is discarded at the
>  earliest: soon after its target element has been discarded or because
>  it is the target of an other 'discard' element.
>[...]
>
>This mixes when and why, please change the document to only discuss when
>at this point.
>
>regards.

element we have changed the relevant text. I have rearranged the edited
text to resolve your issue. The section in question now states:

    An element gets discarded either when it is the target of a
    'discard' element and the value of the 'begin' attribute of this
    latter is reached or when one of its ancestors is discarded.

This now only describe when an element is dicarded.

Later in the discard element description it is clarfied that a discard
element cna be the target of another discard element.

    The 'discard' element itself can be discarded prior to its
    activation. It could be the target of another 'discard' element.

Regards,
Craig Northway