Re: [SVGMobile12] About vector graphics and other specification

Hi Robin/Jean-Claude,

Robin Berjon wrote:

>> I am not as stupid as you want to represent it. If you reread my
>> message later, you will have to admit that I could not possibly mean
>> to remove those items in the parentheses, namely "elements and
>> attributes syntax, semantics, rendering model and specific APIs". I
>> was rather suggesting to retain only these items in the "vector
>> graphics" profile.
>

> I am not trying to represent you as stupid, simply to communicate to
> you what I understand from reading your message so that you would have
> a chance of clarifying your position. You claim that "If [I] reread
> [your] message later, [I] will have to admit that [you] could not
> possibly mean to remove those items in the parentheses, namely
> 'elements and attributes syntax, semantics, rendering model and
> specific APIs'". I have reread your message, and for context the
> relevant sentence was:
>
> """
> a vector graphics profile, which could be the current SVGT1.2 profile
> purged of any non vector graphics item (elements and attributes syntax,
> semantics, rendering model and specific APIs)
> """
>
> In what other way can this be understood? If your proposed profile is
> purged of the items in the parentheses, how can they not be removed?

I think what Jean-Claude means is that the elements, attributes, syntax,
semantics, etc... of non-vector graphics items are separated from the
vector graphics items. i.e. the script and handler elements would be in
a different specification to rect and path. So it should read something
like:

    a vector graphics profile, which could be the current SVGT1.2 profile
    purged of any non vector graphics items (*including their* elements
    and attributes syntax,
    semantics, rendering model and specific APIs)

I'm not supporting or rebutting this point of view, simply trying to
clarify the situation.

Regards,
Craig