Re: SVG12: app/ecmascript content

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:11:22 +0200
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>

Dear Björn,

> It is out of scope of SVG Tiny 1.2 to define what kind of content may be
> labeled using this media type, please change the draft such that this
> (incorrect) statement is removed and the normative definition of this
> media type is referred to.

The mention has been removed. For Tiny we may not intend to be more
prescriptive regarding script support, however for Full we intend to add
a statement along the lines of "if the user-agent recognizes
'application/ecmascript' as valid script content, then it MUST support
at least E-262 third edition".

The SVG WG would like to know what the ETA of a media type for E-357 is,
should you happen to know it.

--
Robin Berjon
   Senior Research Scientist