Re: SVG12: 'display' trait

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 20:13:18 +0200
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org, "WG SVG" <w3c-svg-wg@w3.org>

* Chris Lilley wrote:
>The point is that
><g display="
>            inline-block
>            ">
>Does not have to store, and be able to provide on request, the full
>glory of all the carriage returns, tabs, and leading and trailing
>spaces in the attribute value.

SVG Tiny 1.2 does not allow the inline-block value for the display
attribute and my issue is not about some white space normalization.
It's clear from the draft that for

  <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
    <g display="block" />

the computed value of the display property is "block", that the
getTrait method for the "display" on the g element would return
"block" and that getAttributeNS for the display attribute on the
same element would return "block".

The only problem is that the trait table suggests that "block"
will *not* be returned by getTrait. That's incorrect as long as
the draft is not changed to allow or require different behavior.
The draft of course should not be changed to this effect.