Questions on SVGTimer

From: James Bentley <James.Bentley@guideworkstv.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 11:29:32 -0600
To: "'www-svg@w3.org'" <www-svg@w3.org>
Given that an SVG Timer is obtained from SVGGlobal, is there an IDL
specification of SVGGlobal that defines the method for this?

Also, I realize this is in 1.2 full, what is the possibility of creating an
element for this timer and extending its methods to include a reset?

My current requirement is to support screen transitions based on user
inactivity - i.e. a screen saver. I'm not certain that this can be
accomplished with the 'set' element - since 'set' only changes attribute
vaules and can not invoke a script, and script does not have animationTiming
attributes. However, since SVGTimer is an EventTarget, I can add an
EventListener to it to insure that I can produce the expected behavior. With
the addition of a reset method, I can restart the timer when I get user
activity - delaying the listener from being executed.

This, however, brings up another question. What Event will be generated by
the SVGTimer upon timeout?

Thank you.