Re: This might be a stupid question...

From: Dean Jackson <dean@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:30:40 +1100
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
To: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au>

No such thing as a stupid question. Only stupid people.
(I'm in that group)

On 14 Jan 2005, at 15:13, Cameron McCormack wrote:

> ...but what happens if you change the value of the version attribute on
> the document element?
>
>   <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" version="1.2">
>     <solidColor solid-color="red"/>
>     <rect width="100%" height="100%"
>           onclick="document.documentElement.setAttributeNS(null,
> 'version', '1.1')"/>
>   </svg>
>
> After clicking the rect, is the document in error?

My thinking is that it is error. This is the same
as a script adding an element that doesn't exist, or
as a child of an element that can't contain it, or
doing something else that is equally bad.

Do you agree?

> Also, while I'm talking about solidColor, what is the purpose of the
> stop element as a child of solidColor?  The schema says that it is
> allowed but I'm not sure why.

That's a mistake. It shouldn't be there.

Dean