ISSUE: current user space and <svg>

From: Jonathan Watt <jonathan.watt@strath.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:19:25 +0000
To: www-svg@w3.org

SVG WG,

What is the "current user coordinate system" for an element defined as
(with emphesis on *current*, *user* and *element*)? Is it correct to say
that it's the coordinate system refered to by the element's "coordinate"
attributes (such as 'x' and 'y')?

I'm specifically interested to know what the *current* user coordinate
system is for an 'svg' element. Is it the user coordinate system that
the element exists in (the one established by the 'svg' element's
parent, and to which it's "coordinate" attributes refer to)? Or is it
the user space it itself establishes via it's viewBox attribute?

I don't believe this can be clearly answered from the contents of the specs.

-Jonathan