Re: getElementById method on SVGSVGElement

Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Robin Berjon:
>>In fact, if I read DOM 3 Core correctly, the attachement of the node to
>>the tree appears to be irrelevant. If you look at the spec, the isId
>>field on Attr says "when it is [of type ID] and its value is unique, the
>> ownerElement of this attribute can be retrieved  using the method
>>Document.getElementById"[0]. Based on that, I would expect that given
>>element 'el' not attached to the tree but belonging to document 'doc'
>>and having an attribute 'foo' of value 'bar', if I did
>>el.setIdAttribute('foo', true) it appears to be expected that
>>doc.getElementById('bar') would return el.
>
> In which case I guess there would be no need for getElementById on
> XBLShadowTreeElement.

Now, shadow trees are a completely different kettle of walruses. IDs
inside a given shadow tree are scoped to that shadow tree and neither
conflict with IDs in the document nor ones within other shadow trees in
the same document. There is indeed quite a solid chance for conflict
and/or implementation issues in this area but I haven't yet had time to
review.

--
Robin Berjon
   Research Scientist