Re: SVG12: wheelDelta should be UIEvent.detail

* Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>I don't think this is right decision; I am concerned that authors will
>misremember the 'wheelDelta' name and mistype it as e.g. 'wheelRotation'
>whereas the 'detail' name is easy to remember and consistent with e.g.
>the mouse and time events. The implementation cost of re-using the de-
>tail member is also lower than making up a new member and keeping the
>then unused detail member.

I should add that as the wheelDelta attribute is read-only, it is not
possible to create such an event using the DOM Level 3 createEvent
method as the initUIEventNS method will only initialize the detail
member and not the wheelDelta one, unless the event object implements
additional interfaces in environments that support createEvent.