Re: SVG12: Vendor-specific presentation attributes

* Chris Lilley wrote:
>BH>   http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/struct.html does
>BH> not seem to include adequate requirements for vendor-specific
>BH> presentation attributes even though these apparently may be defined
>
>We are unable to discover anywhere in the specification that allows a
>custom, vendor-specific property to be defined.

Are presentation attributes and properties the same thing? If not your
response seems a bit odd.

>BH> and implemented in conforming implementations. Please change the
>BH> draft such that either this is not allowed (e.g., only "attributes"
>BH> not "properties" may be used for extensions)
>
>This is the current situation. Furthermore, such attributes must be
>qualified, if they are on an element which is in the SVG namespace. So,
>we believe the specification to already be clear in this regard.
>
>BH>  or such that it is
>BH> required that such properties must conform to
>BH> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#q4
>
>Although interesting, and perhaps something to consider for a future
>specification, such a method would require a means to declare:
>
>- that the attribute is in fact a property
>- whether it is inheritable or not
>- the value space
>- use of percentages
>- computed value

So you are saying that it is neither possible nor allowed to come up
with presentation attributes like a:adobe-knockout and corresponding
properties like adobe-knockout, and that this is obvious from the
current draft. I don't see evidence for any of that, so this does not
address my concern at all.