SVGT 1.2: Appendix E, Requirement 12, Identify Deprecated Features

From: Eric Seidel <eseidel@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 15:45:00 -0600
To: www-svg@w3.org

== This message seems to have died somewhere in transit, resending. ==

Appendix E, Requirement 12, Identify Deprecated Features, states SVGT
1.2 specification to have no deprecated features.

I would argue that this is incorrect.  A brief search of the SVGT 1.2
specification yields 18 occurrences of the word deprecate, each of
those identifying deprecated features in the 1.2 spec.  Additionally
there are some implicitly deprecated "features" such as the ability
to include <svg> inside another <svg> (now invalid in SVG 1.2).

In order to comply with Requirement 12 of the QA Framework
Specification Guidelines, I would ask that the SVG working group
include a list of deprecated features from SVG 1.1 Tiny (and/or 1.1
Full).

Thanks,
Eric