SVGT 1.2: dynamic changes to <handler> elements

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 04:28:22 -0700
To: www-svg@w3c.org

"Removing, inserting or altering handler elements after their content
has been loaded has no effect on executable content, but changes made
to the parameters that are available from a given handler element
must be reflected when the handler content is executed."

Maybe i am misunderstanding, but to me this implies the following:

* Removing a <handler> element doesn't remove the corresponding event
handler on its observer.
* Inserting a <handler> element doesn't add an event handler on its
observer unless this happens as part of parsing.
* Changing the text contents of even an inline handler element
doesn't change what happens when the event fires.

All of these seem counter-intuitive, contrary to how the <listener>
element works, and contrary to how "onfoo" style inline event
attributes work.

I suggest correcting this so that dynamic changes to <handler>
elements do in fact have effect (or clarifying this section if I did
in fact misunderstand).

Regards,
Maciej