Re: [SVGMobile12] Comments: Introduction

On Tue, 17 May 2005 22:27:56 -0500, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Antoine Quint wrote:
> > What I meant to say is that the <svg> element is only allowed as the
> > root-most element of an SVG fragment. Section 5.1.1 [0]
>
> OK, but then my question about section 1.6 stands -- why give a definition that
> has various clauses to handle cases that the spec defines as never happening?
> There are also other references to the "outermost <svg> element", which all make
> it sounds like non-outermost ones are allowed...

The term we will use is "rootmost svg element".
Each instance of the term (which replaces all uses of "outermost svg element",
"root-most svg element", "root svg", etc.) now points to the Definitions section,
which defines it as:

rootmost svg element

    The furthest 'svg' <http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/repository/spec/mobile/1.2/1.2NG/master/struct.html#SVGElement> ancestor element that does not exit an SVG context.

    Note that this definition has been carefully chosen to be applicable not
    only to SVG Tiny 1.2 (where the rootmost svg element is the only svg element,
    except when there is an svg element inside a foreignObject) but also for SVG
    Full 1.2 and SVG that uses sXBL.
    See also SVG document fragment <http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/repository/spec/mobile/1.2/1.2NG/master/intro.html#TermSVGDocumentFragment>.

Thank you for your feedback. Please let us know if this does not address
your concerns.

Andrew.