Re: Namespace resolution under sXBL

From: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 01:36:41 +1000
To: www-svg@w3.org

Jeff Rafter:
> Call me crazy but it seems like necessary havoc. There is a very good
> chance that the information in the shadow tree will introduce new
> namespaces and prefixes and resolution within those parts needs to
> happen based on that, right? But maybe I am simply mixing up two
> issues... if so, please ignore me.

That'd be ok, since namespace declarations on elements in the shadow
tree would still be found during the namespace lookup.  It's just that
when traversing up the ancestor elements to find an appropriate xmlns
attribute, it won't jump from the shadow tree to the bound element.

Cameron

--
  e-mail : cam (at) mcc.id.au    	icq : 26955922
     web : http://mcc.id.au/	        msn : cam-msn (at) aka.mcc.id.au