Re: Resolving URIs in shadow trees

From: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 19:13:18 +1000
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hi Jon.

Jon Ferraiolo:
> but I think everyone would agree that ID referencing within
> fragment identifiers are processed by
> currentElement.ownerDocument.getElementById(), except for sXBL shadow
> trees, where you call getElementById() on the relevant <shadowTree> element
> that is the root of the shadow tree.

I don't know if I would agree with that.  I'm sure there'd be situations
where you want a binding document to have some gradients defined (for
example) that are used by all the shadow trees for a particular binding,
and you want to use a URI reference that contains only a fragment
identifier.  It would be a bit messy to have to include the gradient
element in each generated shadow tree.

Cameron

--
  e-mail : cam (at) mcc.id.au    	icq : 26955922
     web : http://mcc.id.au/	        msn : cam-msn (at) aka.mcc.id.au