SVGTerm - networked SVG

From: Liam Breck <svg@networkimprov.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 13:43:22 -0400
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hello,

Has the SVG community considered extensions to SVG to enable continuous
remote content manipulation? (Think X Windows without the windows.) I've
found no discussion of this in the list archives.

We're developing an app framework (for flash-drive-based apps) which
supports multiple clients viewing the same content, via a protocol we've
dubbed "SVGTerm". It enables updates to SVG content on connected
"terminals" from a master SVG "scene" which is manipulated by one or more
"host" apps.

We'd love to get feedback on our approach, and chat with others doing
similar things... More info and prototype download (with source) at
http://networkimprov.net/airwrx/

Thanks,

Liam Breck
Network Improv