Re: Fwd: Two questions on flowed text in 1.2

From: bulia byak <buliabyak@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 14:08:59 -0300
To: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

David,

> It seems to me that you need a superset of SVG which includes non-final
> form features.  I'm not sure that these belong in the standard SVG.
> Standard SVG may need the ability to reflow user entered text, but
> there won't be a human designer in the loop, so any attempt to make
> complex containers look pretty is likely to fail.

True, sometimes user-entered text may not fit the template container
or otherwise look ugly. But, whatever may be solution to this, it's
not an argument against having flowed text in SVG proper, because
there are many many situations where the text is _not_ user-entered
and where there _is_ a designer in the loop.

--
bulia byak
Inkscape. Draw Freely.