Re: question about XBL 2.0

On Thursday, April 14, 2005, 9:34:38 AM, Robin wrote:

RC> The '05 April 2005' Working Draft for SVG's XML Binding Language (sXBL)
RC> makes mention of an "XBL 2.0" -- but without further citation
RC> in the References section of the WD.

RC> Are there any publicly available (or W3C Member confidential)
RC> drafts for this "XBL 2.0"?  Hints?  URLs?

XBL 2.0 refers to possible later work on a superset of sXBL which is
intended for creating shadow trees that are not restricted to SVG
elements.

It mainly exists as something which we are careful not to back into a
corner or close off things from by design decisions in sXBL.

Although individual contributors to sXBL may well have ideas as to what
they would like to see in there - features from Mozilla XBL not in sXBL
for example - there is no agreement in the XBL taskforce on the features
and requirements for XBL 2.0 and currently, no W3C Working Group is
chartered to produce it. That may well change in the future (I would
expect that it will be a product of a W3C working group at some future
date).

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead