Re: SVG 1.2 URLRequest interface

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:10:48 +0000 (UTC)
To: Peter Sorotokin <psorotok@adobe.com>
Cc: Michael A Nachbaur <mike@nachbaur.com>, www-svg@w3.org

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Peter Sorotokin wrote:

> Yes, we indeed modeled URLRequest after XMLHttpRequest, it is designed
> to be basically just as simple to use with just a little bit of extra
> power. Everyone who used XMLHttpRequest or IE's MS.XMLHTTP should feel
> right at home.

Given that XMLHttpRequest has multiple interoperable implementations (at
least four, so far, on at least half a dozen different platforms), was any
thought given to just using XMLHttpRequest outright?

It would be unfortunate if implementations that support both SVG and HTML
had to implement both interfaces.