rendering-color-space; SVG 1.2 Last Call Comments

From: MenTaLguY <mental@rydia.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 23:21:22 -0400
To: SVG List <www-svg@w3.org>
Cc: Inkscape ML <inkscape-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
I understand there had been some debate about including
rendering-color-space in this version of the standard...

I just wanted to note that for us (the Inkscape project) at least there
is strong desire for the inclusion of rendering-color-space; in
practical terms ICC colors aren't much use for our intended audience
without it; this is particularly true in the case of for-print CYMK
work.

Our ground rule so far has been to adopt no extensions that affect
rendering; if we can't do compositing in a CYMK color space within the
confines of the standard, we would probably end up putting off support
of ICC colors altogether.

-mental