Re: SVG 1.2 Comment: image/svg+xml;charset=''

Bjorern wrote:

> * Ronan Oger wrote:
>>However, something that you need to keep in mind is than XML is much
>> stricter
>>than SGML. While in SGML the above <script>code</script> is all you need
>> for
>>executability, in XML you need CDATA tags which clearly define the script
>>chunk.
>
> Sorry but you do not need CDATA sections, they are only syntax sugar so
> you can write
>
>   <script><![CDATA[ if (a && b) ... ]]></script>
>
> rather than
>
>   <script> if (a &amp;&amp; b) ... </script>
>
> and again, XML is not stricter than SGML in a sense that would seem
> relevant here. Where did you get this from?

Apoligies. My ignorance has shone through. I checked on asv and verified
you are correct. Apologies again for the FUD in this respect.

>>Ann added security is the DTD and Schema definitions which prevent
>>script content from appearing at arbitrary locations without clear
>>delimiters. With a reasonable parser, it is impossible to send your above
>>content invisibly. Either it will be detected as script or it will be
>>detected as invalid XML and rejected.
>
> Again, there is nothing non-conforming about my example, the <a> element
> may have <script> content and text content and "+ADw-script+AD4...script
> code...+ADw-/script+AD4" is legal in both UTF-7 and UTF-8. Why do you
> think there is any error in my example?

It is my understanding that cdata is only allowed in a <text> field in
SVG, and that outside of a text field, it violates the DTD (and presumably
the schema). Is that wrong?