Re: SVG 1.2 Comment: image/svg+xml;charset=''

* Ronan Oger wrote:
>However, something that you need to keep in mind is than XML is much stricter
>than SGML. While in SGML the above <script>code</script> is all you need for
>executability, in XML you need CDATA tags which clearly define the script
>chunk.

Sorry but you do not need CDATA sections, they are only syntax sugar so
you can write

  <script><![CDATA[ if (a && b) ... ]]></script>

rather than

  <script> if (a &amp;&amp; b) ... </script>

and again, XML is not stricter than SGML in a sense that would seem
relevant here. Where did you get this from?

>Ann added security is the DTD and Schema definitions which prevent
>script content from appearing at arbitrary locations without clear
>delimiters. With a reasonable parser, it is impossible to send your above
>content invisibly. Either it will be detected as script or it will be
>detected as invalid XML and rejected.

Again, there is nothing non-conforming about my example, the <a> element
may have <script> content and text content and "+ADw-script+AD4...script
code...+ADw-/script+AD4" is legal in both UTF-7 and UTF-8. Why do you
think there is any error in my example?