RE: SVG1.2

From: Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWeese@Kodak.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 05:59:59 -0500
To: Peter Sorotokin <psorotok@adobe.com>
CC: Jan-Klaas Kollhof <jan@kollhof.net>, www-svg@w3.org

Peter Sorotokin wrote:

> At 01:05 AM 11/23/2004 +0100, Jan-Klaas Kollhof wrote:

>> But there must be some way to tell how strings are to be sent
>> (encoding) and how data is to be decoded when coming back.

> Again, one step at a time. We would like to get easy-to-do stuff first.

    Well, no matter what you need to say what the encoding is.
Since AFAIK a string in JavaScript uses at least a short, should we
send those shorts as is?  Then what Byte order?  Network Byte order
(MSB)? or Intel (LSB)?

    I suspect you intend this to either send just the low 8bits of
a UTF16 encoded String (good for binary data), or send a UTF8 encoded
string (good for text).  However, you _must_ specify this.

    I would consider this a full blown issue for SVG 1.2!