Re: Last Call of Specification Re: SVG 1.2 Comment: 4 Flowing text and graphics

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 16:43:40 +0000 (UTC)
To: Craig Northway <craign@cisra.canon.com.au>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Craig Northway wrote:

>> I was not involved in the vote (assuming there even was one), as I am
>> not a member of the SVG working group per se.
>
> There was a vote as per the official W3C process. It is noted in the
> minutes of October 21st. I don't think that suggesting there wasn't a
> vote is suitable.

Oh, I didn't mean it in any sort of offensive way -- it's quite common for
groups not to have a formal vote for this kind of thing. For example for
CSS 2.1 the decision to go to last call was something along the lines of a
unanimous spontaneous cheer at the end of a face to face, not a vote.

> I find it difficult to believe someone could be subscribed to the SVG
> member confidential mailing list and not notice that SVG 1.2 Full was
> nearing last call.

I'm not subscribed to the SVG member confidential mailing list.