Re: 3.2 Editable Text Fields

From: Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWeese@Kodak.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 09:53:47 -0500
To: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

Cameron McCormack wrote:

> Tobias Reif:
>
>>Implementers will have a choice to embed either Emacs or Vim  :)
>

> I vote +1 vim. ;-)

   Actually I know you were sort of joking but I was curious if it
would be acceptable to bring the 'editable' text up in a non-WYSIWYG
'pop up' window.  It seems to me that the current definition is
sufficiently 'abstract' that this would be acceptable.  Still your
question of how existing text-properties are to be handled is
a good one.