Re: RE : RE : What is the best way to design full vectorial scroll-downmenus with SVGT1.2

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 19:18:33 +0200
To: Jean-Claude Dufourd <jean-claude.dufourd@enst.fr>
Cc: MAHE Vincent FTRD/DIH/REN <v.mahe@francetelecom.com>, www-svg@w3.org

On Friday, June 25, 2004, 6:26:44 PM, Jean-Claude wrote:

JCD> MAHE Vincent FTRD/DIH/REN wrote:

>>I'm talking about this kind of drop-down menu :
>>
>>http://www.kirupa.com/developer/actionscript/xml_dropdown_menu.htm
>>

JCD> The first sample does not work with a stylus, as it uses mouseEnter to
JCD> drop the submenu.

Good point. Acivate (or indeed mouseDown) would work with a stylus.
mouseEnter works on some pen-based systems (eg XP tablet edition with a
wacom tablet) but in general, stylus systems only generate events for
action not for movement.

Same for keyboard-based tabbing systems and for some joystick/joypad
systems.

>>http://www.scriptocean.com/popmenu.html
>>

JCD> This one is appropriate for the action part. Only some "decoration" uses
JCD> mouseEnter/mouseExit.
JCD> Best regards
JCD> JC

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group