Re: SVG suggestions (geoinformation)

From: Alexander Vipach <Alexander-Vipach@Dark-Sun.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 15:28:23 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hello Ravi!

 > Is it possible to maintain same size of text when the user zooms -in
 > and out.  These type of text are required for Legends(titles) on Maps.
 >  They need to be "where they are" in relation to screen even if the
 > user zooms in.

You can find here:
<http://www.svgopen.org/2002/papers/sorotokin__svg_secrets/index.html>
all you need.

There is an example for an "SVG Scrollbar". The Scrollbar is always at the
same position and has always the same size - identepent from the scrolling
and zooming.

I took this example to make this with the navigationarrea on my map. You
can view this at <http://www.berlinkarte.com> (Type "Akazien" in the field
top left, click on "suchen..." and wait a long time *g*). But I think this
is to big for an example. It is a very early version for my dissertation.

Ciao

   Alex

--

                   Keinen Fußbreit den Faschisten!