Re: Keystone Application Framework implementing SVG graphics

From: Jacob Lister <jacob@keystoneframework.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:11:24 +1200
To: www-svg@w3.org

Jacob Lister wrote:
>> "Keystone is a cross-platform, object oriented application framework
>> which allows applications to be written to build on the target platforms
>> of GNU/Linux and Win32 without modification of their source. Keystone
>> implements several modern Web standards, including SVG graphics and the
>> XUL user interface description language."

>Would you consider the implementation sufficiently advanced that the WG should include it in
>its test matrix?

I've done some investigation into this.  Yes, the framework could render enough of the
test suite to make it's inclusion worthwhile.  At present, I need to massage the test
suite SVG files a little before they will load at all, but I could easily get my implementation up
to scratch to load and render the SVG test suite files and would be keen to do so.

A few questions -
  * My implementation is a standalone application, and not a HTML browser plugin.  Therefore it's a little difficult to
evaluate the side by side example style of the test suite harness.  Any problem here?
  * How would I go about making a submission?

Jacob