Re: Comments on SVG 1.2 from a Gecko developer

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 16:35:48 +0200
To: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> Which is great. I hope that a single engine is possible, but I fear that
> unintended specification conflicts may show up when we actually try to
> implement it that way, and the best way I know to avoid that is to share
> specifications by reference wherever possible.

That's one way of finding conflicts, but the best way to ferret them out
are actual implementations (in this case of compound document UAs). Say,
to take a totally random example, if Gecko support SVG natively we would
see if a single engine is possible, or what prevents that from being
possible. Doing that now while 1.2 is still flexible would certainly be
very helpful *nudge* *nudge* *hint* *hint*.

--
Robin Berjon