Re: Grid In 1.2?

Hi Chris,

    The really important bit is that there is at least one
piece of needed information that the viewer currently doesn't
export - namely the width of the widest word in a text element.
It is extremely painful for script to figure this out, even
though with flowText the viewer must be able to efficiently
calculate it.

    If this information is properly exposed (as say a DOM
method), then writing grid in script (or anything else) becomes
pretty simple.  However given the wide need for this feature
I would find it as unfortunate that 1.2 doesn't include grid as
that 1.1 didn't include flow text.

    Let's face it as soon as SVG did 'text' (as opposed to
graphics that looked like text) - it needed flowText.  I would
strongly argue that as soon as it does flowText it needs grids.