Re: Grid In 1.2?

Hi Thomas,

Thomas DeWeese wrote:
>    If this information is properly exposed (as say a DOM
> method), then writing grid in script (or anything else) becomes
> pretty simple.  However given the wide need for this feature
> I would find it as unfortunate that 1.2 doesn't include grid as
> that 1.1 didn't include flow text.

Would you believe XHTML tables would be enough? Say that's what you had
how would you see the SVG working being inserted in there? Just dump it
in the <td>s?

If you have specific use cases showing obvious limitations in the
current 1.2 stuff (as opposed to proposing a totally new feature)
they're welcome (especially welcome if they happen, say to pick a time
totally at random, before tomorrow's second half of the morning
Stockholm time).

>    Let's face it as soon as SVG did 'text' (as opposed to
> graphics that looked like text) - it needed flowText.  I would
> strongly argue that as soon as it does flowText it needs grids.

And once it does grids? :)

--
Robin Berjon