Editable text fields issue

From: Maxim Ilinykh <amby2@izh.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:28:59 +0500
To: www-svg@w3.org

Dear, SVG Working Group,

Editable text fields, that was introduced in the SVG 1.2
draft seems very useful to me. But there is a problem which
arises when a user clear all text in the editable field. In
such case the field becomes unselectable, and therefore non
editable at all.

Possible solution is to introduce a selectable area of SVG
elements (as in Macromedia Flash).

Sorry if I've missed something in the SVG 1.1/1.2
specification that resolves this problem.

Best regards,
Maxim Ilinykh
Russia
ИТТ-телефония для пользователей Народного Интернета:
Москва и Санкт-Петербург - 1 рубль за минуту днём
США, Канада, Германия - 3 рубля за минуту
подробнее http://itt-phone.ru