Re: Why does sXBL have it's own namespace?

Martijn,
Althought sXBL only targets SVG, it has a general design that can be
applied to other presentation XML grammars. Adobe has implemented an
extension such that sXBL works with both SVG and XHTML. We have found that
there is nothing that is SVG-specific about sXBL.

Going forward, we are all hoping the W3C will move quickly towards XBL 2.0
which will be approved by the W3C to officially support a more general
range of XML-based presentation grammars such as CSS-styled XHTML. The XBL
task force wants XBL 2.0 to be a superset of sXBL.

With all of this beyond-SVG forward thinking in mind, and the fact that
sXBL (and its follow-on XBL 2.0) is a standalone, orthogonal, module, the
XBL Task Force and the SVG Working Group believe that it is appropriate to
put the XBL elements in their own namespace.

Jon Ferraiolo
Adobe Systems, Inc.