Re: Why does sXBL have it's own namespace?

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Martijn wrote:

> why does sXBL have it's own namespace?
> Since it's only purpose seems to be that it is used in SVG only, you
> could just as easily remove the whole namespace stuff, I guess.

As Jon noted, this is to allow the same language to be used in non-SVG
contexts in the future. If you look at the sXBL spec carefully, you'll
notice it is written in such a way that the only reason that sXBL can only
be used with SVG is because it says so. There's nothing SVG-specific
really about sXBL, the processing model, et al, are already written in a
namespace-neutral manner that could work for any markup.