Re: SVG 1.2 - forcing a redraw?

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:02:28 -0000
To: www-svg@w3.org

"Andreas Neumann" <neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch> wrote in message
news:41BD5844.8080605@karto.baug.ethz.ch...
> With the current SVG viewers, a redraw during a script operation is not
> possible. The UA updates the screen only after the whole script function
> is finished.

forceRedraw() exists on SVGSVGElement in SVG 1.1, and it's supported by
MozillaSVG at least.

I think it should be exercised with extreme care, because whilst forceRedraw
allows you to ensure the screen is updated - it does not free up the UI to
respond to user actions, I'd rather it was discouraged rather than
encouraged.

Jim.