Re: LC Comment - Script & Progressive Rendering / Multiple Pages

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 22:16:31 -0000
To: <www-svg@w3.org>

"Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
>You will find the CSS2 errata here:
>
>   http://www.w3.org/Style/css2-updates/REC-CSS2-19980512-errata.html

No, that's a non-maintained document that calls itself a proposed errata, if
it's actually something else, then it shouldn't say that, until then I'm
going to trust what it says, rather than a post on another list.

> This was maintained until CSS2.1 WD was released, at which point CSS2.1
> WDs became the proposed errata for CSS2; now that CSS2.1 has reached CR,
> the CSS2 errata refers to CSS2.1 as being the actual errata for CSS2.
>
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/

No, another recommendation is not errata, CSS2 should be rescinded if it's
no longer to be considered correct. Errata's clarify they do not change
behaviour.

Jim.